A Lifestyle Blog With An African Twist

Peas and Tiger Prawns Cous Cous


Couscous is by no means a dish that is cooked quite often in Sierra Leone.  It is one of the dishes that is reserved for special occasions such as christenings, engagement parties and weddings.  There are different ways of preparing it, depending on the ingredients available at the time. 

More often than not though, it is prepared with beef, carrots and runner beans and a bit of tomato paste for colour.

In this post, I am showing my prawn variation.  Take my word for it, this is very easy to prepare and is very yummy too.  So go on, try it and let me know what you think.  

The ingredients I used are:



2 cups couscous, 2 cups boiling water, 500 grams tiger prawns marinated in garlic, 1 medium tomato, 1 medium brown onion, 1 cup frozen peas, 4 tbs olive oil, 1 habanero chili (this is very hot, so leave out if you don't like hot food), 4 stock cubes, salt.

In a saute pan, cook onions and chili till onions are just translucent.

Add prawns and cook for 5 minutes

Add couscous, two cups boiling water, frozen peas, stock cubes and salt.  Then lower the heat and cover for 3 minutes

Stir through chopped fresh tomatoes, cover and leave on lowest heat for another 5 minutes.


Remove, from heat, fluff with fork and serve.  Yummo.

8 comments

  1. I am definetely looking forward to trying out this recipe. It looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to my share. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even I might try this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No pressure Michael, but let know how it you went when you do. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious!
    *Besos*
    Http://www.cmichellestyles.com
    Instagram: Cmichellestyles

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe is so simple and delicious! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tried this recipe today and I must say it was quick, easy and veerry yummy. Thanks Elsie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog and leaving me a comment. I love reading your views as they inspire me to continue doing this blog. Love Elsie

© The Cooking Wardrobe

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig